Some of you may recall the announcement at the Small Business Summit of the new phone system being launched by Microsoft called Response Point. Since that day, many have been asking about when it will be available and how much it will cost. Today, we just made these announcements on our Press Pass site:
- Today we released the Microsoft® Response Point™ phone system software to manufacturing.
- Customers can preorder Quanta Syspine models beginning Friday, Oct. 5
- A complete package that includes a base unit with built-in analog telephone adapter (ATA) and secure gateway, plus four phones, will cost approximately $2,500* (all prices U.S.). Additional phones will be available for $159* each.
- D-Link VoiceCenter phone systems will be available in the fourth quarter of 2007. The VoiceCenter system will include a base unit, ATA and five phones for approximately $2,999*. Additional phone lines will cost approximately $149*.
- Microsoft also announced Aastra Technologies Ltd. as the newest hardware vendor that will manufacture and ship Response Point phone systems. For those wondering about cordless phone options for Response Point, Aastra is a leading provider of campus wireless handsets and will provide these phones for Response Point customers.
Response Point was sure a hot topic this past weekend at SMB Nation and we are excited to bring this new offering to the market.
You can obtain more information about Response Point by visiting the main website at: www.microsoft.com/responsepoint. Also, below are links to a few resources that may be helpful:
- Attend the 5-part webcast series with detailed information and demos on how to sell, install, manage and support Response Point, which you can find on www.msreadiness.com/responsepoint.
- Read the independent case study written by Frost & Sullivan on Response Point (http://www.frost.com/prod/servlet/market-insight-top.pag?docid=98546143)
- Join the Technet newsgroup, at http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.responsepoint
- Visit the recently launched team blog at http://blogs.technet.com/rp, which we will try to update regularly with new content.
There is classroom training tour at various cities across the country. Please visit www.msreadiness.com/responsepoint to view dates and location.
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Microsoft US Senior Manager
Small Business Community Engagement
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights