There was a lot of interest at Microsoft Partner Conference this year around the Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP) for Software Assurance and several conversations around it in the Yellow Lounge for Small Business Specialists. If you are not familiar with MDOP:
The Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP) is an add-on subscription that you can offer to your customers who have Software Assurance (SA) coverage for their Windows desktops. MDOP combines five Microsoft technologies that work together to provide a dynamic solution you can offer to your Windows desktop customers:
· Microsoft SoftGrid Application Virtualization (formerly Softricity SoftGrid) transforms applications into network-available services.
· Microsoft System Center Desktop Error Monitoring provides IT with awareness and insight into application and operating system failures.
· Microsoft Asset Inventory Service (formerly AssetMetrix) delivers a comprehensive view of your customers’ enterprise desktop software environment.
· Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset (formerly Winternals Administator’s Pak) accelerates desktop repair.
· Microsoft Advanced Group Policy Management (formerly DesktopStandard GPOVault) enhances administrators’ control over enterprise desktops.
Check out the MDOP page on the Partner Portal where you can access a collection of resources, including: MDOP for SA Sales Card, MDOP for SA Demonstration Guide, MDOP Partner Presentation, MDOP Customer Presentation, MDOP In-Depth Customer Presentation, MDOP FAQ , and much more. (There is also a customer facing MDOP page as well with several resources.) Then be sure to contact your Volume Licensing Distributor for the prices and part numbers of MDOP so you can start helping your clients take advantage of MDOP today. Here is a link to a quick video overview of MDOP for those interested.
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Microsoft US Senior Manager
Small Business Community Engagement
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights