Here are the steps that customers with Software Assurance on Windows XP can obtain Windows Vista Ultimate (retail version-Ultimate is not available under Volume Licensing) from the MVLS site.
1) MVLS Administrators access MVLS site at https://licensing.microsoft.com/eLicense/L1033/Default.asp
2) Log in with correct Passport account
5) Navigate to the Windows Vista Ultimate and check the status
6) Check the MVLS site after the Windows Vista Business launch on January 10th, 2007 and the ‘Activate Now’ option should be enabled for ordering Vista Ultimate media.
7) MVLS assistance is available for MVLS Administrators at 866-230-0560-Option 1 (English), Option 2 (SA Benefits).
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Microsoft US Senior Manager
Small Business Community Engagement
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights