Take advantage of the benefits of Microsoft’s new Small Business Specialist Community initiative and prepare for the certification exams to qualify as a Small Business Specialist!
Unveiled in July 2005 in response to customer and partner needs, Microsoft’s new Small Business Specialist designation helps partners that focus on the small-business space differentiate themselves and better serve their customers. This two-day course will guide you through the process of becoming a Small Business Specialist including completion of the certification exam.
About the Training:
Qualifying as a Small Business Specialist entitles partners to targeted resources and benefits from the Microsoft Partner Program including access to training specifically designed for the small-business industry, small-business marketing materials, special partner offers, and the ability to use the Small Business Specialist logo in marketing materials.
This course will provide students with an overview of the Small Business Specialist Community in the Microsoft Partner Program. At the end of the course, students will:
- Understand the requirements to become a Small Business Specialist
- Understand the benefits of being a Registered or Certified Microsoft Partner
- Be able to define the value of an Action Pack
- Prepare for the 70-282 certification examination
- Complete planning objectives for the 70-282 certification examination including analyzing the existing environment and designing a network.
- Complete deployment objectives for the 70-282 certification examination including installing Windows Small Business Server 2003 and Windows Server 2003.
- Learn how to secure, configure and administer a Windows Small Business Server 2003 network
- Prepare for the 74-134 (optional) certification exam: Pre-installing Microsoft Products Using the OEM Pre-installation Kit
- Prepare for the Small Business Sales and Marketing Skills Assessment
Technical Decision Makers, Consultants and Technology Implementers from Microsoft OEM, Partners, Certified Partners, and Gold Certified Partners who focus on the Small Business sector. Attendees should be interested in improving their ability to provide solutions, services, and guidance to small business organizations.
Although there are no formal requirements for this course, previous experience with Windows Small Business Server 2003 and the OEM Pre-Installation Kit for Windows Server 2003 would be helpful in getting the most from the lab exercises.
Partners who register for and complete this workshop will receive:
- A complimentary copy of the “Microsoft Small Business Specialist Primer & 70-282 Exam Preparation Guide” by Harry Brelsford and Beatrice Mulzer – a $39.95 value!
- The first 1000 Partners who register and complete this workshop will receive 30% off coupons for either the 70-282 or 74-134 certification examinations
View a listing of all upcoming available workshops and register HERE.
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Microsoft US Senior Manager
Small Business Community Engagement
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights