Here is a new video post about Windows Store Apps by David Coppet (Twitter: @DavidCoppet), our PFE and an Azure expert based in France.
In this session, David is detailing the different ways to send notifications and update live tiles for both Windows and Phone platform. After watching this video, you will know everything to make your App even more appealing by customizing your tile, primary, secondary and live for Phone and Windows devices. Without further ado, here’s David to share his knowledge!
For your convenience, here is a timeline into the video:
- 1:19 - demo that sum up tiles usages (main, secondary and live)
- 4:15 - present the different ways to update your tiles
- 8:31 - push notification lifecycle and channel uri
- 10:09 - platform convergence between Phone and Windows thanks to WinRT
- 12:05 - Notification Simulation Engine for offline testing
- 20:40 - Live tiles and layouts templates catalog
- 25:31 - Tips and tricks for sending notification to both Windows and Phone
- 32:01 - Custom draw your own tile layout
The sample code for this application is available here
That’s it for now! Hope you enjoyed watching!
Original content from David Coppet; posted by MSPFE editor Arvind Shyamsundar