Its that time of year again, the Australian Imagine Cup Finals will be held this week and we want you to join us in celebrating the winners!! The local finals play a crucial role in determining the best team/project that will represent Australia in the world finals in July.
The local finals will be held at the Microsoft Ryde office in Sydney this Wednesday, the 27th May, from 6 to 9pm, with the top 5 teams in the software design category delivering their presentations to a panel of judges selected from academia, the press, industry and Microsoft as well as an audience made up of journalists, faculty, students, and friends and family of the competitor, and the winning team will be determined on the night, receiving their prizes and a giant boarding pass representing their all-inclusive trip to the world finals in Cairo, Egypt in July.
We have Plenty of Prizes for the audience, including XBOX Elite packages, XBOX games, Web Cams and more. Simply register your attendance and be in the running to win!!
Register by emailing email@example.com and include your name, phone number and how many people you are registering for you if you are bringing extras. We will email you back with details on the event and venue information.
The five finalist teams are:
- Team Xtreme – from University of Western Sydney, this team has come up with a creative solution for managing bush fire situations.
- Team deCarbonate – from University of Canberra, deCarbonate wants to highlight our carbon footprint and help us manage it better and make the world a cleaner place to live in.
- Team IWork – another team from University of Canberra who are trying to help those people out of work or who are finding it difficult to find jobs.
- Team Firefighters – this team from University of Technology, Sydney is also bringing us a bushfire management/warning system.
- Team eGreen – amazingly, the third team from University of Canberra brings us a creative way of looking at environmental sustainability – helping consumers understand the environmental impact of the products they buy.