Visual Studio 2008 is now available in MSDNAA

Visual Studio 2008 is now available for MSDNAA subscribers. Please contact your universitie’s MSDNAA administrator for more information.

If your department would like to subscribe to MSDNAA please register at www.msdnaa.net

MSDNAA provides you with the software and tools you need to teach your students the latest concepts in software and database design, architecture, coding, web design, multimedia and testing.  MSDNAA also allows students access to the software.

Click here to see what software is included in MSDNAA subscriptions.

1. Anders Reinhardt Hansen says:

Are you sure about this??

I just contacted my university’s MSDNAA representative, and they say it has not been released for MSDNAA yet. Only for MSDN. Also it does not show up on the list you referenced.

2. Ghost says:

same here, it’s not on msdnaa for any school yet it seems

3. MSDN Archive says:

HI all

Sorry for the delayed reply – I’ve been on the road for a bit.

OK< here’s the deal – you CAN* currently get VS08 via Akamai, but it’ll apparently require some work on the behalf of the person who administers your university’s MSDNAA account. If you are an MSDNAA administrator and wish to get access now rather than before wait for ELMS, please contact me <http://blogs.msdn.com/msozacademic/contact.aspx&gt;…

It will soon also be available via the regular avenues (i.e. through Xena / ELMS, which is the way most universities manage MSDNAA access) within a matter of a week or two.

* Being out of office, I haven’t had a chance to try downloading it via Akamai so this information all comes to me via email from reliable sources (i.e. the MSDNAA team), but I am assured MSDNAA account holders can get access through Akamai and very soon also through Xena / ELMS.

4. Matthijs ter Woord says:

MSDNAA Account holders are students with access to the MSDNAA site of their campus? If so, (i’m such a student) I don’t see how to get access to VS2008 via Akamai…

5. MSDN Archive says:

I have been informed that VS08 has nw been launched into ELMS, so you should now be able to get your hands on it via the usual avenues. I’ll try it out to see if the download work when I get back to the office on Monday.

Hope this helps.

6. Asiri says:

Hi,

I got the VS 2008 on our MSDAN website but that image doesnt work.

There was red colour message saying It is corupted but it dissapeard and still I cant get that to install.

any suggestions to how to get it fixed ??

7. Anders Reinhardt Hansen says:

Hey There

Good to hear that it is now accessible from ELMS.

Will have to push my MSDNAA repsonsible now for getting this quick.

>any suggestions to how to get it fixed ??

Download it again

8. Ricardo Amaral says:

Are you guys sure it’s available on MSDNAA website? It’s not on my campus website… 🙁

9. Asiri says: