What do you want to talk about?

I just had a curious thought, what is it that you’d like me to talk about on this blog. In that, given I have access to various amount of information, people and technology within Microsoft (externally as well) – what is it you’d like me to discuss in depth?

In that I still notice a lot of folks hit my blog regarding Silverlight Controls, is there something about Silverlight that isn’t be covered and you need more information on?

No question is stupid or off topic.

1. Since you come from more of a design background than pretty much every other Silverlight blogger, it would be nice to see some posts on how to make Silverlight look nice.  I’m not talking entire design classes or anything, just some tips that developers with an eye towards design can use to give their Silverlights that little extra bit of something.

Thanks,

John Stockton

2. kYann says:

Thank you for this opened conversation !

About Silverlight, i would like to know if there going to be a support for video and audio recording ?

3. Garry Trinder says:

Yes indeed, emphasis on design.

Currently there’s a gray area around what XAML can handle from Expression Design.

Same can be said for multiple time-line animations.

While I can create them I’m still not sure what the best methods are.

Thanks! 😉

4. I just re-read my previous comment and realized I said "Silverlights".  Ick.  Oops.  Didn’t mean it.  Must have been lack of coffee :).

Should have read "Silverlight applications"

5. Hey Scott,

interesting question…I think I’d like to see you continue to push the envelope..pushing integration and technology!

Silverlight is definitely the buzz of the interweb these days and i think it’s important to keep pushing the boundaries – especially around integration and "odd" implementations..something outside of the box would be awesome.

Anyways, a big vague, but you get the general gist of what i mean.

6. AJ says:

Since no question is off topic, I am really curious as to how many MS employees are switching over to a Mac, and are they considered outcast as people with iPod?

7. Hey John,

Actually, referring to Silverlight Applications as "Silverlights" isn’t a bad idea actually!!

I may have to pick up on that one 🙂

8. Old Timer Flash, Flex, Rich App Guy says:

Been developing in Flash since … well, when it was really a neat gif creator… do you have any insight into the  telecommuter issues that some companies on the west cost seem to have? The family, mine that is, is rooted in a part of the country where the term ‘rich’ spoken before ‘application’ has yet been fully understood. Breaking into the west-side, seems to be a sure thing if you want to live on campus… with todays technologies why is this still an issue? I know it worked for mm…..

cheers—curiously frustrated

9. Geoffrey says:

Will there ever be Silverlight for Linux?

10. I didn't say says:

I’ve been a fan of your blog because of your future projections on where you think the web will go.

I also like the small off topic things like the latest vista video..

Skip to main content