The Microsoft Office 365 team is challenging developers and makers across the globe to use Microsoft Office 365 APIs and Add-ins to boost productivity in every area of your life.
Hack Productivity, a new online hackathon from Microsoft with $32,500 in prizes for apps that help people make stuff happen — with ease
Hack Productivity gives developers access to the Office 365 APIs for mail, calendar, contacts, photo/video, and files so they can create tech solutions that allow people to do everything they set out to do, and more. As an added challenge, they are also asking you to build an entirely new Add-in (extension) for your app.
If you wish to enter,your solution needs to help people manage their lives — but how is totally up to you. For instance, you could build an app that:
- helps people create photo albums with images shared by their friends
- creates a weekly schedule for everyone in the household
- collates a daily to-do list based on incoming email
- creates a filing system for school assignments and research work
- designs a new collaboration system for the office
- suggests a friend date when you haven’t seen one of your contacts in awhile
- uses Pavlovian push notifications to defeat procrastination
The cherry-on-top, a prize :). Your time-saving, achievement-producing app will be up cash prizes, plus some other shoutout-worthy swag:
- meeting w/ a Microsoft product exec
- one-year allowance on a premium Office 365 service
- expenses-paid trip to a Microsoft conference
- Surface products
They will be providing lots of support throughout the hackathon, including online office hours, tutorials, and tech tips. So check off the first thing on your to-do list: Register & start building your productivity hack @ msoffice365.devpost.com.