So, what is WebMatrix 3?
WebMatrix 3 is the newest version of WebMatrix, which is an amazing web-development tool bundle. In the bundle are a Web server, database engines, various programming languages and more. Advised for developers using ASP.Net, PHP, Node.js and/or HTML5.
In addition to that, WebMatrix 3 integrates TFS (Team Foundation Service) which is a very useful tool when working in a team to build applications or websites. Below are more of the awesome features of WebMatrix 3.
– Seamless Remote Experience:
- Hugely improved remote editing experience with great code completion and colorization for PHP, ASP.NET as well as Node.js. Support for TypeScript is now included.
- Support for viewing and opening your Windows Azure remote websites in My Sites.
- Support for provisioning remote websites in Windows Azure.
– Connected to the Cloud:
- Deep linking integration for Windows Azure Management Portal to be easily able to manage your websites in Azure.
- Improvements in Windows Azure Management Portal to be able to click the “WebMatrix” button on Windows Azure Websites to directly launch WebMatrix remote editing.
- Support for signing into Windows Azure with Microsoft Account (formerly Live ID) and organizational or Office 365 IDs.
– Source Code Integration:
- Git source control support for local and remote repositories.
- TFS source control support for Team Foundation Service.
– Even lighter:
- Streamlined installation to remove many unnecessary dependencies.
- Faster WebMatrix app setup.
The steps to starting with WebMatrix 3 are:
- Download WebMatrix 3 from here
- Watch this video
References: (For more information visit these links)