Join the Big Nerd Ranch and Microsoft for this free, two-day training designed to jumpstart your Windows Store app development.
You will learn the ins-and-outs of the Windows platform from iOS developers who are now building Windows apps. Sessions will follow a low-key, interactive format where iOS terms and concepts will be mapped to Windows alternates. You will also get hands-on time to apply what you’ve learned.
Thursday Dec 13, 2012 – 9 to 5 PM
Friday Dec 14, 2011 – 9 to 5 PM
Live Stream – You can register for the live stream here, then just point your browser to Channel 9 or to our registration site on the day of the event. You can also tune in at the Verge to watch the live stream.
What’s the agenda?
Times need to be finalized, but we’ll cover the following topics in sessions that are 30 to 60 minutes long:
- Introduction to the platform and the Windows Store
- Design differences between iOS and Windows 8
- Tooling: Visual Studio and Blend
- C# for Objective-C developers
- Asynchronous programming
- Consuming web services
- Intro to building Windows Store apps with XAML (controls, layout and styling)
- Advanced UI development with XAML (data binding, templates, and collections)
- Contracts and extensions
- Ask the Experts panel
- Process Lifecycle Management and State Management
- Notifications and Live tiles
- Bing Maps, SkyDrive, and Microsoft Account integration
- C++ for Objective-C developers
- Reusing code with Windows Phone
How do I register?
You can register for the live stream here, then just point your browser to Channel 9 or to our registration site on the day of the event. You can also tune in at the Verge to watch the live stream.
Any iOS developer will benefit from this training, but we will focus more on those apps that are not games. For this event, there will be no deep game/graphics coverage (no OpenGL ES to DirectX deep-dives).
Email your questions to email@example.com