Visual Studio 11 Beta should definitely make SharePoint developers very happy. VS11 introduces a whole new set of features that enhance existing capabilities in SharePoint 2010 Developer Tools.
SharePoint developer tools in Visual Studio 11 Beta contain new designers and templates to facilitate SharePoint development, as well as new options for deploying and testing SharePoint sites. Here's a list of just some of the new features:
- Create Lists and Content Types by Using New Designers
- Create Site Columns
- Create Silverlight Web Parts
- Publish SharePoint Solutions to Remote SharePoint Servers
- Test SharePoint Performance by Using Profiling Tools
- Create Sandboxed Visual Web Parts
- Improved Support for Sandboxed Solutions.
- Streamlined SharePoint Project Templates