Gulf Windows 8 App Camp welcomes you to a 2-day workshop where you will learn how to build amazing Windows 8 apps! Here we will also be announcing a new competition…see how you can WIN A SAMSUNG WINDOWS 8 TABLET!
We have an amazing speaker leading the session who comes to us from our Corportate office in Redmond, USA. Michael Platt is a Senior Directorin the Developer & Platform Evangelism Group based in Redmond, Washington, Michael Platt is the a Senior Director in the Developer & Platform Evangelism Group based in Redmond, Washington. He leads the definition and provision of strategic technical evangelism support for Microsoft Corporation in Cloud Computing and Devices in the Consumer Industry. In this role he has worked on the developer tools, languages and support of Mobile Phones, Embedded systems, Games systems,
Stores and Marketplaces and most recently Tablets.
Michael has more than 35 years’ experience in the computer industry. His background includes experience in technical presales, consultancy, research and development, manufacturing, testing, and assurance in a wide variety of senior leadership, and management roles in both the field and product development. An 18 year Microsoft veteran, Michael has worked a broad range of technical positions in the U.S. and the U.K. Before Michael joined Microsoft, he worked at IBM UK Laboratories Ltd for more than 18 years.
Day 1: Presentations
– The Windows 8 Platform for Metro-style app
– Everything Web Developers Must Know to Build Metro Style Apps
– Building Metro Style Apps with XAML: What .NET Developers Need to Know
– Building Windows 8 Metro Style UIs
– Integrating with the Windows 8 Experiences
Day 2: Hands-on Lab
– ListViews and data binding
– Orientation, Snapping, and Sematic Zoom
– Integration with contracts: Searching and Sharing
– Media Capture
– Lifecycle Management
– Settings and Preferences
– Push notifications
– Writing Hybrid HTML & C++ Apps
April 18 – 19, 2012
10:30am – 6:30pm (GMT+4)
Le Royal Meridian
PO Box 24970 Dubai, UAE
See you on April 18th!