I received this news from the US Windows Azure team and thought it’s worth sharing with the community
The Windows Azure Toolkit for Social Games (PREVIEW) is now released! This toolkit allows you to quickly get started building new social games in Windows Azure. It includes accelerators, libraries, developer tools, and samples; it also has specific services and code to handle capabilities unique to games, such as storing user profiles, maintaining leader boards, in-app purchasing, and so forth.
In addition to releasing the toolkit, we have also teamed with industry innovator Grant Skinner and his team to create a game called Tankster.
Tankster is built with HTML5 and comes complete with reusable service-side code and documentation. It also supports a variety of social interactions including messaging, wall posts, and comments while player achievements and game stats are presented on a live leaderboard so gamers can interact with each other—what’s a social game without being able to talk trash?
To learn more about the toolkit, take a look at the following resources:
- Windows Azure Team Blog: Build Your Next Game with the Windows Azure Toolkit for Social Games
- WA.com: Social Gaming on Windows Azure
- Channel 9: Social Gaming on Windows Azure
- Venture Beat: Microsoft Tailors [Windows] Azure Cloud Services to Social Game Developers
- Mary Jo: Microsoft delivers early build of Windows Azure toolkit for social-game developers
- CodePlex: Windows Azure Toolkit for Social Gaming
- Tankster: http://www.tankster.net/