Why VS2010 + MSDN?
- MSDN® Subscriptions are the most convenient way to cost-effectively develop applications on the Microsoft platform with a simple, per head, licensing model.
- Visual Studio 2010 Professional with MSDN is your complete development solution, providing access to the latest versions of Windows®, Windows Server® and Microsoft SQL Server®
- Includes Silverlight and SharePoint development capabilities.
- NEW! Microsoft E-Learning resources and other high quality information resources
- Development use of Microsoft tools, servers, and clients on as many machines as the subscriber needs.
- New version rights (including Visual Studio upgrades) as well as previous versions
Full Support of SharePoint
- This is the first version of Visual Studio that includes full support for building SharePoint sites.
- Visual Studio 2010 makes building custom SharePoint applications simple including tooling for Web Parts, Lists, Workflows, and Events.
- Provides a familiar development experience for ASP.NET developers.
Benefits of Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) is the replacement for Visual Source Safe (VSS).
- Project artifacts like requirements, tasks, bugs, source code, and build and test results are stored in a data warehouse.
- Powerful reporting and dashboards provide historical trending, full traceability, and real-time visibility into quality and progress against business intent.
- It helps organizations communicate and collaborate more effectively throughout the process of designing, building, testing, and deploying software.
- Work item tracking system enables you to track everything you need to manage – task, bugs, user feedback and feature requests – centrally stored and available to everybody on your team.
- Backed by SQL Server 2008, TFS benefits from the performance and scalability with storage that ensures data integrity, scalability, reliability, low maintenance, and high performance.