Just one week after Microsoft Management Summit 2011 (MMS), Microsoft Learning will be hosting an exclusive three-day Jump Start online class specially tailored for VMWare and Microsoft virtualization technology pros. A “Jump Start” course is “team-taught” by two expert instructors in an engaging radio talk show style format.
In support of the “VMWare Compete” initiative, registration for “Microsoft Virtualization for VMWare Professionals” is open now and will be delivered as a FREE online class on March 29-31, 2010 from 10:00am-4:00pm PDT. Our last two events — Windows Phone 7 Jump Start (over 1,400 live students and more than 418,000 views of the videos) and Developing Cloud Applications with the Windows Azure Platform" — were very popular and we’re excited to see registrations start to come in for this three-day course.
Who is the target audience for this training?
Suggested prerequisite skills include real-world experience with Windows Server 2008 R2, virtualization and datacenter management. The course is tailored to these types of roles:
· IT Professional
· IT Decision Maker
· Network Administrators
· Storage/Infrastructure Administrators & Architects.
What’s the high-level overview?
· This cutting edge course will feature expert instruction and real-world demonstrations of Hyper-V and brand new releases from System Center 2012 (many of which will be announced just one week earlier at MMS).
· Day 1 will focus on “Platform” (Hyper-V, differentiating VMWare terminology/features, high availability & clustering)
· Day 2 will focus on “Management” (System Center Suite, SCVMM 2012, Opalis, Private Cloud solutions)
· Day 3 will focus on “VDI” (VDI Infrastructure/architecture, v-Alliance, application delivery via VDI)
· Full outline available on the registration page
· Every section will be team-taught by two of the most respected authorities on virtualization technologies: Microsoft Technical Evangelist Symon Perriman and leading Hyper-V, VMWare, and XEN infrastructure consultant, Corey Hynes
Session One | “Platform” | March 29, 2011 | 10am-4pm PDT
· Virtualization 360 Overview
· Microsoft Hyper-V Deployment Options & Architecture
· Differentiating Microsoft and VMware (terminology, etc.)
· High Availability & Clustering
Session Two | “Management” | March 30, 2011 | 10am-4pm PDT
· System Center Suite Overview w/ focus on DPM
· Virtual Machine Manager 2012 | Part 1
· Virtual Machine Manager 2012 | Part 2
· Automation with System Center Opalis & PowerShell
· Private Cloud Solutions, Architecture & VMM SSP 2.0
Session Three | “VDI” | March 31, 2011 | 10am-4pm PDT
· Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Architecture | Part 1
· Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Architecture | Part 2
· v-Alliance Solution Overview
· Application Delivery for VDI
Hurry up and register here