The December 2007 issue of MSDN Magazine is now available online at http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/07/12/default.aspx.
The December issue is something of a grab bag, with articles about Visual Basic and Office development, mainframe interop, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), and even programming Active Directory Federation Services.
Here's a quick rundown of the articles:
• Map LINQ: Create Dynamic Maps with Visual Basic 9.0 and WPF, by Scott Wisniewski
• VSTO: Build Office-Based Solutions Using WPF, WCF, And LINQ, by Andrew Whitechapel
• Cmdlets: Extend Windows PowerShell With Custom Commands, by Jim Truher
• Interop: Connect To Mainframe Apps With BizTalk Adapters and .NET, by Bashar “Bash” Badawi
• Security: Authenticate Users Across Organizations Using ADFS, by Jack Couch
In the columns we take a look at writing reliable .NET Code, and explore Windows Template Library 8.0. Dino Esposito takes a deeper look at the Microsoft AJAX library, Stephen Toub discusses batching file operations with IFileOperation in Windows Vista, and Dr. James McCaffrey demonstrates UI test automation with Windows PowerShell.
There's much more in the issue, and I'll be blogging about these and other articles throughout the month.