MSDN Magazine is actively seeking a new Senior Editor to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal roll in the continued growth and success of the world’s leading publication for Microsoft developers.
As a Senior Editor, your responsibilities would include:
• Working with the Editor-in-Chief to help define the editorial strategy and create the monthly magazine editorial calendar.
• Editing articles and columns for overall structure, content, voice, and accuracy while maintaining Microsoft and magazine styles and standards.
• Identifying editorial opportunities for presenting content in better ways. This includes spotting opportunities to enhance content and providing suggestions for additional graphics, sidebars, and so on.
• Helping to plan, acquire, and review technical content for MSDN Magazine.
• Influencing the magazine’s online publication strategy, providing insight and direction for new online extensions and original content channels that exceed customer needs.
• Helping to create new content areas and content strategies for magazine team.
• Keeping staff apprised of and updated on all obstacles and issues regarding articles and authors at daily staff meetings.
• Recruiting and developing Microsoft and third-party authors, while managing existing author relationships and ensuring ongoing author satisfaction.
• Representing MSDN Magazine and Microsoft through blogging, and through other community-related activities.
• Staying up to date on industry knowledge and latest technologies as they pertain to MSDN Magazine and TechNet Magazine.
• Using online traffic data and reader research to continually improve the relevance of the magazine to our customers.
The job is posted for either Redmond, WA or New York, NY.
You can find the full job description here, along with instructions for submitting your resume for consideration.