Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 – Virtual PC Image (CTP3 Beta Release)

Too bad I haven't got any credit for creating this VPC since I am on vacation and am a bit late with this post. So probably you have read all about this on blogs from Simon, Philip or Ben Riga.

Microsoft Partners can now download a preview of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 leveraging beta code in a Virtual PC (VPC) image. You can download it here.

• The VPC uses the same base as our V3C VPC minus MOSS 2007.

• The registration key for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 CTP3 will expire 20 November 2007.

1. Merijn says:

Hi Menno,

Thanks for the image! I really appreciate your work. In the post I read CTP3 instead of CTP4…. I guess it should be CTP3. Question: do you plan an update of the current CTP3 release, or do we wait to General Availability?

Best regards,

Merijn

2. mennotk says:

Hi Merijn, thanks for your comment. I have corrected my typo. Currently I am not sure if we will have a CTP4 release or that we just wait for RTM. Will try to update as soon as I find out.

3. Menno te Koppele rightly pointed out on his blog today that he’d done a ton of work to help get the CRM

4. Igor says:

About functions in CTP3?

Does this means that "Titan" will has the same functionality as CRM 3.0?

Or maybe beta just doesn’t has new features?

5. mennotk says:

Igor, Titan CTP3 will have the same functionalities as v3 plus more. Enjoy this cool upcoming release!

6. Kerry says:

Spent last nite downloading all the files from the MS download site. Expanded the .zip file but couldn’t find the CRM Launcher.exe just have crm.vhd. My mail is kerry_m_bourke@hotmail.com, please help.

7. andrewda says:

Very useful, thanks very much.

8. Can you feel the love tonight… I just saw Menno’s post and he’s feeling sore because few people (myself

9. Pete says:

Hey there Menno,

Thanks for the VPC, it’s been realy useful to demo some of the upcomming features to our execs. Is there any news on what’s likely to happen between when the VPC expires and RTM? Any chace we’ll see another VPC to play with?

Regards,

Pete

10. mennotk says:

Pete, take a look at my latest blog post: http://blogs.msdn.com/mscrmfreak/archive/2007/11/12/microsoft-dynamics-crm-4-0-virtual-pc-image-rc0-release.aspx It appears that the product team has used my base image and installed the RC0 version on it.

Comments are closed.