Released: Microsoft Dynamics CRM VPC – August 2007 Edition

YES! YES! YES!

Over the past few days I have worked closely on the new Microsoft Dynamics CRM VPC together with Ned Kandzor. As of today, everybody can finally download the new Microsoft Dynamics CRM - August 2007 VPC. You can download it here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=57394bc8-5ecc-422e-a066-34189f48f8c8&displaylang=en

Note: Almost two months ago, yes I know, I wrote up a description what will be on the new VPC. You can read the full details here: http://blogs.msdn.com/mscrmfreak/archive/2007/06/12/new-microsoft-dynamics-crm-vpc-update.aspx.

Please leave feedback, ideas or suggestions in the comments.

Update: Please use the included .vmc file! (Double click it and you're good to go)

1. It is here and here to stay! The Microsoft Dynamics CRM VPC August 2007 Edition…( read more )

2. Anoniem says:

A great post to start the last day of the week.

3. Thanks for all the hard work Menno! Can’t wait to get it set up. I only wish my T1 was faster!

Matt Wittemann

CRM MVP

4. Carsten Groth says:

Great news – finally all good things come to an end

Carsten Groth

MCBMSS

5. MDodd says:

Am I missing something? I cannot get into the setting area in the new Demo!! The Wunderbar button is missing, even though I am logged in as the Administrator!

6. mennotk says:

MDodd, close Outlook and hit F5 in IE. This is a known issue for a LONG time 🙂

7. El del CRM says:

En el blog de Menno me entero de que por fin ha sido publicada la nueva imagen de Virtual PC 2007 con

8. Blogs like this are fantastic! I ran into the same issue as MDodd, returned to this blog to see if there’s a solution and yep, there is! Thanks MDodd and Menno

9. Austin says:

has anyone noticed seemingly random authentication prompts while using the web client in the Aug07 VPC?  The odd thing is that it rejects the ‘crmadmin’ credentials.  Cancelling brings up a ‘page not accessible’ error.  Only thing i’ve found to get around it is to close the browser and re-open CRM.

10. It says:

Username: CRMADMIN (also tried the default crmadmin)

Password: pass@word1

But I’m always getting:

The system could not log you on. Make sure User name and domain are correct then type your password again. Letters in passwords must be typed using the correct case.

What could be wrong here?

Thanks!

11. mennotk says:

Guys, I encountered the same problem. WHat I have tested so far with succes is adding http://crm to the trusted sites. Please give me feedback if this works or doesn’t work for you.

12. If you type in the password manually it works, just keep in mind that it’s an US keyboard layout, so the @ sign is actually printed with SHIFT + 2 on e.g. a german keyboard. It also doesn’t work if you try to paste it, you have to fill it in manually.

hth,

Andreas

Also thanks to Tim Shaw for the help!

13. Jan Schürmeier says:

is it somehow possible to uninstall the included sample database? i would rather like to enter and use my own data. the way – like its said in the implemenation guide – over Microsoft.Crm.Tools.SampleDataWizard.exe doesnt work it always says that an error occured during uninstall.

14. mennotk says:

Jan, You can restore the original database via SQL. You can view the original database in the default backup directory from SQL.

15. chanpreet says:

when i restored the original database from the backup location, and started CRM i got a "Authenication error".

the only way i could get around this was by uninstalling crm, running the re-deployment tool and reinstalling crm.

isnt there any quick way to delete the sample data from the image, or an easy way to switch between sample and clean database.

thanks

16. chaffee007 says:

Adding http://crm to the trusted sites does not work for me.  I also turned off the popup and set the NIC to local only.  Got any other ideas?

17. Gunady says:

I have problems that after using CRM for certain period (20-30mins), CRM/IE will popup login box and ask for credential. But whatever username (crmadmin) I type, it seems that no credential can be accepted. So the only solution is to close and reopen the browser. Hmm.. this is difficult to use for presales demo. Any fix?

18. sarah says:

Hi

I downloaded the image and cant get the IE to load the crm page. When  i try to browse from IIS manager I get the error below. Any help is higly appreciated

Most likely causes:

You are not connected to the Internet.

The website is encountering problems.

There might be a typing error in the address.

I set the networkadapter1 to local only.

Comments are closed.