Today’s word: Freak

Why did you choose mscrmfreak as the name of your blog? I get this question a lot from partners and customers. I would like to explain it here by using some examples.

1. A devoted fan or follower; enthusiast: a baseball freak.
  2. A person who is wildly enthusiastic about something: a film-freak.

After reading the above examples, it should be clear to you that I, even after almost 9 years in the CRM business, still love CRM. The great benefit of choosing a "different" name for my blog is that people remember it without writing it down. If people do forget, they remember two words "freaky" and "CRM". Guess what shows up when you type these two words in your favorite search engine....?

Below I pasted the translation of "freak" in many languages. If your language is not here, please feel free to add it in the comments.

Arabic:

French:

mordu (de)

German:

der Freak
Greek: μανιώδης
Hungarian: vminek a bolondja
Icelandic: maður með tiltekna dellu
Indonesian: keranjingan
Italian: fan
Japanese: ~狂
Korean: …광(狂), 열중하는 사람
Latvian: ar kaut ko pārmērīgi aizrāvies cilvēks; fans
Lithuanian: kas pamišęs dėl ko nors
Norwegian: frik, —narkoman, —apostel
Swedish: fantast, fanatiker
Turkish: tutkun, hasta
  1. Alik Levin says:

Hebrew – פריק

🙂

2. 365blog says:

Just because the word Freak is available in every language doesn’t necessarily equate to it meaning the same thing. It will be interesting to see what responses you get from other languages. I can think of many examples of this just between American and British usages!

3. mennotk says:

I am curious what you mean by that. Since I used the two examples to explain what I meant by freak. If you have some examples…drop em down into the comments…

4. Tomas says:

Hi Menno,

I have a example. Fanaat is the dutch translation for the word freak, but a Fanaat is just someone who loves something very mutch. In dutch Menno "was een crm freak" In English he still is a freak, so in dutch the word freak is stronger as "Fanaat".

We use the word freak in the dutch language as would it be a dutch word. ok i am freaking now, i am sorry

Tomas

5. godess of freaks says:

sweet i finally found a name to call my self….fanda….has a nice ring to it.

THANKS 😉

6. mennotk says:

Glad to help out Godess of Freaks…now I do wonder what a "godess" of freaks looks like 😉

Comments are closed.