Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004020F

Since as of the 1st of May I am not only competing against Ben Vollmer, John Straumann, Simon Hutson and several other good CRM bloggers but I am now also facing a Team blog of the CRM Program Managers.

So I hope I dont loose you guys as my regular readers. I will do even harder my best to post items that can compete with them. So for today I have a nice item which happend to me a few times and I also face these questions during a Demo.

The Microsoft Dynamics
CRM 3.0 installation of SFO runs an error.
The Client setup fails and generates this error:
Action Microsoft.
Crm.Setup.Client.InstallAbpAction failed.
Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004020F.

08:59:27| Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.
Crm.Setup.Client.InstallAbpAction
08:59:27| Info| MAPISVC.INF: C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1035\mapisvc.inf
08:59:27| Info| Starting CrmForOutlookInstaller process. Log file is located at: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM\Logs\crm30foroutlookinstaller- 2-18-2006.log
08:59:28| Info| Outlook Installer process Complete
08:59:28| Error| Outlook installer failed with hr = 8004010F
08:59:28| Info| Starting CrmForOutlookInstaller process. Log file is located at: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM\Logs\crm30foroutlookinstaller- 2-18-2006.log
08:59:28| Info| Outlook Installer process Complete
08:59:28| Error| Outlook installer failed with hr = 8004010F
08:59:28| Error| LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed.(HRESULT = 0x8004010F) (abpinstaller.cpp:CAbpInstaller::DoInstallAbp:136).

The cause of this problem is that the SFO setup is trying to use the same language code of MAPISVC.INF on the environment to be installed. In this case, we try to install SFO v3 EN (1033) and the finding of the setup is the MAPISVC.INF Finnish (1035): so the matching is wrong and the installation failed.

This problem occurs because the Office 2003
MUI is installed before the Microsoft CRM client for Outlook.

Please, follow these steps to solve the problem:
1. Uninstall the Office 2003
MUI.
2. Start Outlook to verify that it works as expected.
3. Install the Microsoft
CRM client for Outlook. After the installation is completed, start the Microsoft CRM client for Outlook, and then verify that it works as expected.
4. Reinstall the Office 2003
MUI for the appropriate language.

1. Mario Raunig says:

What I did was to copy the MAPISVC.INF file from

c:Program FilesCommon FilesSystemMSMAPI1031

to:

c:WINDOWSSystem32

after that the installation succeeded.

2. mennotk says:

Thank you Mario for your solution/workaround. I hope that all people that are reading this and have similair or even better solutions will post it here as a comment.

Cheers

Tha Freak

3. Larry says:

Cool, but what is SFO?

4. mennotk says:

SFO = Sales For Outlook. This was the name we used in version 1.2 and we kinda still use it. Officially it is now the Microsoft Dynamics CRM desktop or laptop Client.

5. iamnoel says:

I’ve not got this directory:

C:Program FilesCommon FilesSystemMSMAPI1031

I tried instead to copy:

C:Program FilesCommon FilesSystemMSMAPI1033MAPISVC.INF

C:WINDOWSsystem32MAPISVC.INF

Install (laptop client) continues to fail on Windows XP.

6. markos says:

Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004010F

I get the same error when trying to run the rule deployment wizard on a particular user.

any ideas?

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

– <ArrayOfRequestResult xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema&quot; xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"&gt;

– <RequestResult>

<RequestAction>DeployRule</RequestAction>

<RequestStatus>Failure</RequestStatus>

<ExceptionInfo>Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorDeployment.RuleDeploymentException: Failed to access the default store for the user. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004010F): Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004010F. at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.RulesWrapper.RulesClass.SetFolderToInbox(String bstrExchangeStoreDn, String bstrExchangeMailboxDn, LAST_ACTION& pnLastActionInfo) at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorDeployment.RuleDeploymentSession.GetInboxRules(DirectoryEntry userDirectoryEntry) — End of inner exception stack trace — at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorDeployment.RuleDeploymentSession.GetInboxRules(DirectoryEntry userDirectoryEntry) at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorDeployment.RuleDeploymentSession.DeployRule(DirectoryEntry userDirectoryEntry, String crmEmailAddress, Boolean disabledMode) at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorDeployment.RuleDeploymentRequest.ProcessNext()</ExceptionInfo>

7. Raenil says:

Wierd. I’ve been looking at this.

According to this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B915191 it should be possible to install CRM without uninstalling MUI’s. The solutions does not work in our setup. But: If i go to Control Panel–>Regional Settings and set everyting to English, then it is possible for me to do the install.

I’m working on a way to do this via scrips (change and change back to the original), but i’m not yet entirely sure of which settings to set.

Does anyone have an idea?

8. JoeG says:

I tried all these solutions but still get the problem – very strange.

Comments are closed.