My Installation fails, now what? (Part 3)

As said yesterday i would post the tracing settings for the Microsoft CRM Client.

Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft nor I cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

Here are the keys for the client platform tracing. Create the following registry keys in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient
TraceEnabled [dword] - Set the value to 1
TraceDirectory [string] - Set the value to (choose your directory) "Directory must excist."
TraceCategories [string] - Set the value to *:Verbose
TraceCallStack [dword] - Set the value to Off
TraceRefresh [dword] - Set the value to 1
TraceSchedule [string] - Set the value to "Hourly"

Please note that tracing will impact performance and should be turned off when not needed. To turn tracing off Set the TraceEnabled key to 0.

1. Yvomans says:

Finding out why the CRM Client can’t find it’s proper URL drives me nuts!! Checked several blogs and workarounds. From a LAN laptop CRM is perfectly working via IE. When installing the client it says "the specified domain does not exist or could not be contacted". The install user is logged in on the domain (CRM server itself) and is in the Administrator group of 2003… Anybody a workaround?? THX!

2. Yvomans says:

FIXED! Don’t ask me why… Tried same steps again now NOT connected via wired LAN but via VPN with the same LAN. Like magic it does find the regular URL which worked with IE. Why…? Don’t know, it does run now!

3. Erik says:

you had to vpn into the same network?  i have the same problem and it’s driving me nuts.  please help…

4. yvomans says:

NOT FIXED!! Yelling to early. This chestnut is driving me crazy. IS is working fine. Running only in local LAN environment. Nothing fancy. Did already;

– reinstall MS SQL entpr with a default LOCAL

– reinstall CRM server fully again with SQL in same server

– make the client domain user

– added some users who are admins on the domain and in CRM

– trusted the CRM server as Intranet server

– login auto for Intranet sites

– installed desktop/laptop client with and without offline

– installed already in 2 existing laptops and a clean XP desktop

– 1 laptop generates the 2 error boxes in Outlook when starting outlook (can;t connect to CRM server etctect)

– 1 laptop and the desktop say when installing CRM client that it can’t find the specified domain!! (which btw, where does it read this out??) Which is very strange indeed because of both machines are logged in as and accepted as domain user. Do have local admin policies in the machines itself.

Who has some workarounds or knows how to log/verbose what the heck is going on behind the Can’t connect to CRM server message???!

Thanks in advance!!

5. mennotk says:

yvomans send me an email by using the contactform on this page. I might have a solution for you, but want to take it offline first.

6. zenithgroup says:

I was wondering if this issue was resolved. As I am having the same problems.

Nick

7. Monir says:

I have successfully installed MS CRM 3.0 in the server, now everytime I am trying to log into CRM using IE, it thoughs up an error "You are not authorized to view this page". All the service and everything seems to running ok on the server. I have NT Authentication option running on the IIS.

8. Darran says:

I am having the same issue connecting to the CRM server. Did you find a fix for this?

9. Chris says:

Guess Not.. I have the same issue too with a default install…

Comments are closed.