You all might be amazed by the number of emails, messages, and calls I get asking for any of the following:
- Guidance on SharePoint
- Requests to add SharePoint Guidance to WCSF
- Requests to add “Office applications” support to SCSF
Well, I can finally help out folks looking for guidance on how to build SharePoint applications by saying “go check out the CodePlex project for patterns & practices SharePoint Guidance (http://www.codeplex.com/spg).” If you are hoping for SharePoint support in WCSF, you should probably check this out too.
Blaine and Francis are leading the effort on this project. I understand that they are tackling a few big challenges that customers have ranked as the most important including (this list is from the project’s Vision Scope slide deck):
- Unit testing and debugging
- Packaging and deployment
- Setting up a team development environment
- Unclear which SharePoint features/ components to use and when
- Solution maintenance/upgrade
- How and when is SharePoint Designer applicable
If you do SharePoint development, you should check it out.