- New Application Blocks. We have ported over four application blocks that were previously available as part of the Mobile Client Software Factory. We may refactor, remove, replace, this code in the future (we value your input), but we currently have the following:
- Disconnected Agent Application Block. This application block provides management features for execution of Web services from occasionally connected smart clients. With a disconnected service agent, the device can maintain a queue of Web service requests when offline (disconnected) and then replay them when a connection to the server application becomes available.
- Connection Monitor Application Block. This application block monitors and exposes the available connections and the associated networks.
- Endpoint Catalog Application Block. This application block provides features to expose the physical addresses and other details of remote services.
- Data Access Application Block. This application block provides support for SQL Server Compact Edition. This application block will be replaced when the factory migrates to the next version of Enterprise Librar
- QuickStart. This drop includes a QuickStart to demonstrate use of the Disconnected Agent Application Block.
Here is the plan we had for the iteration, what we got accomplished, and
what was not complete, with comments in italics:
Migrate Create Foundational Module Recipe to Recipe Framework
Migrate Add View with Presenter Recipe to Recipe Framework
Recipes compile and work after being registered
We completed the recipes, but due to build dependency issues, we pulled them from the drop.
Finish the Disconnect Service Agent Quickstart
Config to Attach Endpoint to a connection 1 day
Move the Endpoint Catalog to the Disconnected Service Agent
Use the EntLib 3.0 SQL CE Data Access Block with the Disconnected Service AgentAlmost, but not quite there
Review the Subscription Manager responsibilitiesWe had a short conversation, but not enough to create good stories for next week.
Create release notes to highlight what is in the weekly drop - the blurb about the drop above is directly from the Release Notes. 🙂
Write Functional test for Offline block- Partially done.
Code review of the Offline Application block- Partially Done
Test the migrated SCSF recipes
It was a good week, and we all feel good about what was accomplished. I'm annoyed we had to cut about half of the work we did, but I'd rather do that than have folks disappointed that something does not work quite right. Next week, we will scale back our estimates of what we can do (using the "yesterday's weather" approach to planning), and after our planning meeting, post the plan to the SFSC R2 Iterations section of the SCSF community wiki page.
Enjoy the weekend...