This article’s introduction caught my eye: Survey Says: Agile Works in Practice.
IN A PRESENTATION at the Rational Software Developers Conference, Ivar Jacobson summed it up well with "These days, to say that you're not agile is the equivalent of saying that you're not potent."
This intrigued me enough to read the whole thing. Scott Ambler goes on to present some interesting data. A simple list of percentages from the summary says it all:
Agile Adoption Rates
A March 2006 survey of 4232 IT professionals shows:
- 65 percent work in organizations that have adopted one or more agile development techniques
- 41 percent work in organizations that have adopted one or more agile methodologies
- 60 percent report increased productivity
- 66 percent report increased quality
- 58 percent report improved stakeholder satisfaction
Interesting. Of course, this is what we (crazy agile evangelists 🙂 ) have been saying for a while.