- > 3500 hours of Content streamed Live.
- LIVE coverage of every minute of competition from 25 sports.
- More than 2.3 terabytes/second of traffic on the MSN Portal
- An unprecedented moment in the history of the Internet.
Here are the ways in which you can enjoy the Olympics…
Click http://www.nbcolympics.com/video to jump right in and experience high-quality, interactive video using Silverlight. This could even be better than being in Beijing! Get amazing, crisp HD video quality on the web that’s always optimized for your connection using Silverlight’s new adaptive streaming capability, watch up to four live streams simultaneously in the same player, and get expert commentary (hot-linked so you can go back right to the exact moment that Michael Phelps touches the wall for gold) all within a rich Silverlight application running within the browser.
The MSN homepage will prominently feature a dynamic Olympics module which will enable people to see results (or hide them if you don’t want any spoilers), get the latest news and see exclusive video coverage. Our partnership with NBC and the world-class editorial team in MSN will make MSN the best portal for up-to-the-minute Olympics coverage.
Install the new MSN Toolbar that gives you one click access to the medal tally and many other highlights.
Beginning August 9th, Zune Marketplace will kick off a series of daily 2008 Olympic Games videos from NBC Sports, giving viewers special on-the-go access to the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. For approximately 99 cents–$1.99 per episode (with post-Games content TBD), footage will include memorable highlights from the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, “best of” compilations, “best match” replays and a post-Games wrap-up feature. Users will be able to download each episode onto their Zune device for viewing whenever and wherever they go. Additionally, XBOX users will be able to purchase and download a daily wrap-up of the day’s events from NBC Sports, with a complete wrap-up at the end of the Games.
In addition, we are launching NBC Olympics On the Go in Windows Media Center, an Internet-delivered catch-up TV service from NBC Universal powered by Wavexpress’ TVTonic platform. This free download-and-play service differentiates Windows Media Center as the platform with the highest-quality Internet-delivered Olympics experience in the USA.
You simply launch Windows Media Center and scroll down to the Online Media strip where you will find a link to NBC Olympics On The Go in default view. Follow the simple one-time installation steps and you’re ready to go.
With NBC Olympics On the Go in Windows Media Center, you will get:
· NBC Sports’ complete on-air HDTV coverage of the Beijing Olympics on the NBC, USA and Universal networks – even when you don’t have a TV tuner for your Windows Vista Home Premium or Ultimate PC
· 225 hrs of long-form Olympics video over 17 days
· 24 sports, full opening ceremony, and a closing ceremony montage
· Up to HD quality, with the vast majority of the video delivered in 840×480 progressive scan resolution at 1.5 Mbps bit rate, plus several events per day delivered in 1080i resolution
· Easy to install
· Select the sports you want and get automatic downloads of all available coverage for those sports during the Olympics
· Content becomes available as soon as NBC completes its primetime on-air coverage on the West Coast (i.e., beginning at 3 am EDT)
· Watch online or offline – during your morning commute or through any Extender device
· Rewind, fast-forward and re-watch your favorite Olympics moments
Enjoy the Feast! Welcome to the Social…