The Developer & Platform Evangelism (DPE) Team is looking for a senior Developer Evangelist to join our US West Region organization in the Southwestern United States.
The DPE mission is to drive platform and tools adoption through direct evangelism, community engagement and quality interaction with influencers. The satisfaction of the software development community and adoption of Microsoft technologies are the primary goals of our team.
The Developer Evangelist position is a technical role with the mission of engaging the broad community of developers in the Southwestern United States and driving excitement around developer tools and platform technologies. This position will report to the US West Region DPE Audience Director.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Increasing satisfaction with Microsoft and our developer tools/platform technologies within the developer community.
• Building and maintaining high-quality relationships with developer community leaders and influencers in the target territory.
• Delivering persuasive and passionate, high impact, high quality, presentations via various local and national event channels such as MSDN Events, Tech-Ed, etc.
• Participating in, sponsoring and supporting community-led developer events and programs in the local territory, the region and across the USA.
• Engaging and making connections with neutral and competitive technology focused communities and influencers.
• Participating actively in the local developer community through blogs, newsletters, meetings and other activities.
Required skills include:
• Excellent presentation skills to large, demanding technical audiences
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• A blend of passion, optimism, customer advocacy, curiosity and creativity
• Demonstrated track-record of developer community involvement
• Preferred qualifications include Computer Science/Engineering or related degree, 10+ years of hands-on developer experience
• Demonstrated hands-on software development experience with current and emerging web technologies is required
• Demonstrated hands-on software development experience with current and emerging Windows platform technologies, the .NET Framework and Visual Studio + other Microsoft technologies such as SQL Server, BizTalk Server, SharePoint, Smart Clients, Microsoft Office, etc.
• Experience with multiple, current programming languages
• Experience using non-Microsoft technologies (Ruby, PHP, Flex/Flash, Linux, Eclipse, Java a HUGE plus
• Experience with or knowledge of future Microsoft developer technologies a plus
• Microsoft certifications (MCSD, MCT, MCSE, etc.) a plus
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on accounts or group assigned. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer, we support workplace diversity.