Since I last wrote about XACT compression over a year ago. Let's see:
- We released XNA Game Studio 2.0.
- We've built a version of XNA Game Studio that will enable the Dream Build Play winners to publish their XNA Framework based games on Xbox LIVE Arcade.
- GDC 2008 was interesting...
- We announced Community Arcade games that will allow you to share your games over Xbox LIVE Marketplace.
- We announced that XNA Game Studio 3.0 will add support for creating games for your Zune!
- We released the XNA Game Studio 3.0 CTP in May, providing an early look at the new features coming out this year.
- We released a beta of the Community Games support. If you're an XNA Creators Club member, you can try it out today over at http://creators.xna.com!
- Oh, and a completely new website too!
That's quite a lot for 12 months! Right now we're cranking away at finishing up XNA Game Studio 3.0 and getting the Community distribution system ready to go later this year. As for me, I'm primarily working on where XNA Game Studio is going beyond 3.0...what will 4.0 and 5.0 look like? What are the problems that (still) exist for our customers who are trying to create great games?
And I'm working on a few presentations for Gamefest. Oh, and I try to create some games too. 🙂