Microsoft Cloud Day was held on April 27th 2011 with 170 attendees representing 130 companies. It was a full day event with the aim of updating our community on Windows Azure Platform. We had extensively covered a mix of business and technical contents, from introducing the importance of cloud computing to deploying and monitoring Windows Azure application on the cloud.
Highlights of the event includes the participation of Windows Azure AppFabric product team sharing the roadmap which was beneficial to our customers. We had excellent speakers from our SI Partner aZaaS, NCS and we also invited our customer Yolk for showcasing its Azure solution. All training partner booths (aZaaS, NCS and NetAsset) showcasing MS learning and cloud courses were well received.
We also like to take this opportunity to thank all who attended the event and all who have helped one way or another in making Cloud Day a success. We hope to see you again!
Here’s are the slides link and video on Channel 9:
- Keynote by DPE Director Ziriad Saibi
- Introduction to Windows Azure platform and real world case study by Azure Platform Strategy Advisor Daniel Bucherer
- Building web applications with Azure storage by Lead Consultant, NCS, K.Mohamed Faizal
- Understanding and implementing Windows Azure Platform Security by Tan Choon Ngee, Directo, aZaas Pte Ltd.
- Windows Azure AppFabric, Comprehensive cloud Middleware platform by Product Unit Manager, Alex Chan
- Cloud Computing – A Crash Course for Architects by DPE Platform Strategy Advisor, Darryl Chantry
- Deploying and monitoring windows azure applications by Wely Lau, Windows Azure MVP, NCS
- Closing Note by Harish Aitharaju, Server & Tool business lead, Microsoft Singaproe