I just published a new article on the Microsoft Enterprise Architecture Center entitled, A Pragmatic Approach to Describing Solution Architectures.
In this article, we will explore how architectures traditionally have been designed and described. By understanding where we have come from, we then can understand how to improve and change fundamentally how the architectures are described.
This article will:
- Provide architects with a way to articulate the architectural processes in which architectures are described.
- Provide architects with a set of best practices for describing architectures.
- Induce new and innovative ways of thinking about a classic problem.
- Provide standards that will be helpful for architects to understand.
- Provide a pragmatic way to implement solutions that are based on best practices.
- Provide architects with a real-world implementation of how to automate the architecture-design and architecture-description processes.