In April Live Mesh was announced at the Web 2.0 conference and opened it up for people to try out our platform experience — the first evidence of what scenarios our platform is capable of enabling. Today the Mesh Team are increasing the number of available slots in the Live Mesh Technology Preview, and expanding the list of countries that will allow sign-up without a wait list to include Canada, India and Ireland!
I have been personally using Live Mesh for awhile now and absolutely love it. It’s a great way to keep everything in sync. Not only is it a great way to keep all of your computers up to date but also adds the following benefits and distinguishing points:
- Not just another sync tool, it’s a platform w/ real hooks into the OS and application space. The benefits for this point alone is incredible.
- Integration w/ the file system is a no as simple as it gets
- Sync w/ the cloud OR backup…
- Remote Desktop abilities. This is both good and bad from a corporate security perspective.
- Updates, updates, and more updates. this platform promises a compelling road map with integration to many platforms such as Windows Mobile and Apple’s OS X platform.
Mary Jo Foley wrote an excellent post on Ten things to know about Microsoft’s Live Mesh. It’s worth a read if you are not familiar with the Live Mesh technology.
Note: This is in addition to the availability we’ve previously announced for USA, UK, Australia and New Zealand (see coverage map).
The experience you see today is just tip of the iceberg! To see what the Live Mesh platform is capable of, check out the Channel 9 videos, try out the user experience. We’re eager for you help to keep pushing our scale, and your feedback!
We do still have a maximum limit on the number of users we’ll allow into the Technology Preview, but as long as we’re below the limit, anyone in the countries above can sign-up today with no delays or wait list.