To give you guys a sneak peek at the SP1 build. I just installed Vista SP1 with zero issues. The upgrade process seamless and took approx. an hour. There was only one concern however. My box was waiting for about 20 minutes to shut down. Other than that, all goodness.
I have noticed a huge difference in performance of my machine, it's like someone injected an espresso into my Vista! This is my first day using so I'll be sure to check back in to let you guys and gals know how things are going.
Some of these new features that are under the covers that screen shots will not be able to show you:
- Secure Sockets Tunneling Protocol (SSTP) allows for easier setup of VPN connections due to the way it works with firewalls, NAT devices etc....
- Bitlocker Drive Encryption has been enhanced to support encrypting additional volumes besides the current limitation on the C: volume. It will also support three factor authentication (i.e. TPM + Pin + Dongle)
- Disk Defragmenter has also been improved to give administrators additional control over what and when volumes get defragmented with the scheduler
- Support for Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI) booting on x64 based machines
- Support for the ExFAT file format used in flash memory
- Support for SD-Advanced DMA
- Improved network diagnostics
- Performance improvements
Screen shots of the install process: