Sadly this year I wont be there – I didn’t even ask to go (personal reasons) – but I do feel I’m going to miss out on what’s likely to be the most exciting MIX event so far. From a phone perspective, from a web perspective, from a client perspective – there’s just so much going on.
If get there for the Monday, attending a bootcamp has to be on your agenda.
- HTML5 / CSS3
- Silverlight (with our very own Mike Taulty and John Papa)
- Windows Phone 7
- Silverlight for SharePoint
Don’t miss Joe Belfiore’s keynote about Windows Phone 7 – I’m expecting there’ll be a few interesting announcements in there. And of course ScottGu will be there to talk Silverlight, Visual Studio and .NET as well as Dean Hachamovitch for HTML5 and IE9.
Here’s the list of Windows Phone sessions we’ve announced so far – I don’t doubt we’ll add more. Let me do a shout out for Laurent’s session – Deep Dive MVVM – after his excellent talk at our Windows Phone Online Conference last week.
- Flickr API: Tap Into Billions of Photos for Windows Phone 7
- XNA Game Studio for Fun, Profit, Danger, Excitement and Windows Phone 7 Games
- All Thumbs: Redesigning an Existing UI to Suit Windows Phone 7
- Deep Dive MVVM
- The Tale of Two Apps: Making a Splash in the Windows Phone Marketplace
- Who Would Pay For That Feature? Adding Analytics to Your Windows Phone 7 Applications
- Analyzing and Improving Windows Phone Application Performance
- Application Design for Windows Phone
- Creating Windows Phone Applications Using Expression Blend
- Expert Lessons: Top Tips for Building a Successful Windows Phone Application
- Making Money with your Application on Windows Phone
- Get Real! Sketch, Prototype, and Capture Great Ideas with Expression Blend and SketchFlow
- Rx: A Library for Managing Asynchronous Data and Events in your Windows Phone 7 Application
- Building Windows Phone 7 Applications with the Windows Azure Platform
- Going Mobile with Your Site on Internet Explorer 9 and Windows Phone 7
MIX11 takes place from 12-14th April in Las Vegas (11th April for the bootcamps).