In the overflow room at least like the good Microsoft employee that I am. Ray Ozzie has kicked things off talking about Software + Services and 2 key themes:
- Advertising - the economic engine of the web
- The web transforming of existing Microsoft offerings
3 pillars driving the transformation of offerings - thinking of the web as a hub for interaction, for content for sharing; enabling business choice through utility computing and virtualisation across the enterprise and into the cloud; for developers embracing a world of small pieces loosely joined - transparency, standard and interoperability are key.
- Connected Devices
- Awareness of your mesh of devices connected via the web
- Connected Entertainment
- Licence media only once and made available on any of your devices & integration with gaming
- Connected Productivity
- Office, Office Mobile, Office Live
- Office Live Workspace beta launched yesterday
- Microsoft Online Services
- Watch out for Sql Server Data Services
- Connected Development
And hands over to Scott...