I’ve just written an MSDN Flash article entitled “Office Open XML – More than Just a new File Format?” which looks at some of the scenarios that lend themselves to Open XML solutions. Rather than fill the article with links I’ve linked to this blog post where I’ll set out some useful resources for learning about and working with Open XML File Format solutions.
Tools You’ll Find Useful
- The code snippets library provides an array of code snippets for tackling common scenarios
- Wouter van Vugt’s Open XML Package Explorer allows you to explore the internals of Open XML documents
- If you’re working with Word content controls, the Word 2007 Content Control Toolkit is invaluable.
Getting started with the Open XML File Format
- MSDN Nugget on Open XML File Format
- Other MSDN Nuggets on Office Open XML Topics
- MSDN Article: “Introducing the Office (2007) Open XML File Formats”
- MSDN Article: “How to: Manipulate Office Open XML Formats Documents”
- MSDN Article:”Walkthrough: Word 2007 XML Format”
- Office Screencast “Generating Office Documents using the New Open XML File Formats“
Find more information on Open XML
Get a trial version of Microsoft Office