Ravi contacted me yesterday about a new user group he’s setting up called Vista Squad focusing on Microsoft Vista and .Net FX 3.0. I managed to get a plug in for him at the Roadshow yesterday and he’s very kindly put a link to my sponsorship page on the home page of their website (thanks Ravi!).
Their first meeting will be tonight @ the Microsoft Offices in Reading (Thames Valley Park). The agenda looks a bit like this:
- 18:15-18:30: Refreshments
- 18:30-18:45: Introduction Session to introduce the group, the key people involved and finally our aims and goals
- 18:45-19:30: Presentation 1 – Are you ready for Vista – Windows hardware assessment tools (Scott Belton)
- 19:30-19:45: Presentation 2 – VueScan – Scanning in Vista (Beverley Nash)
- 19:45-20:15: Break – Food, refreshments and networking
- 20:15-21:15: Presentation 3 – WCF Introduction– (Tim Scarfe)
- 21:15: Roundup and close
Now I feel like a bit of a charlatan here because while I trully encourage you to join them (sign up first from the link on the home page), I’m afraid I cannot bear the thought of missing Italy vs Scotland tonight. I am not a huge football fan (Gemma follows football far more than I do) but I love to watch Scotland play, as painful as that may be sometimes! It’s a tough night to start a new group as there are so many Euro 2008 qualifiers tonight so if you’re not a footie fan, do show your support and go along. If you are a footie fan, keep an eye on their site and look out for the next meeting!