I saw that someone over on ActiveWin posted a concern that CTP users weren't able to get the new Additions that we've posted over on Connect.
The truth is, anyone can get the new Additions, even if you aren't currently a member of Connect. To get them, follow these steps:
- Go to http://connect.microsoft.com, and sign in with your Passport.
- Click on Available Connection in the left-hand navigation pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen to where the Beta for Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1 is. Click the Apply link.
- Fill in the requested information, and submit it. You'll be given immediate access to the bits.
- Click on the Downloads link in the left hand pane, and download the Additions from the list of available downloads.
Also, you don't need to have the Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1 beta to use these Additions. They work on Virtual Server 2005 R2 and Virtual PC 2004 SP1 (and possibly on older versions of the software as well... I don't know, I haven't tried).