The Windows Embedded Business has an opening for a Senior Technical Product Manager position (link) – the role is a mixture of “hands on” technology and presenting at conferences/talking to customers – here’s the official job description – sounds interesting? – then go for it!.
The Senior Technical Product Manager position for Windows Embedded products provides focused area ownership that will allow you to continually develop subject matter expertise about embedded operating systems while still engaging deeply with other marketing positions as well as customers and the product development team. TPMs work with both current in-market products as well as those in planning for the next wave. Inbound and outbound technical product management responsibilities include:
• Voice of the customer, product scenario gap analysis and partner identification
• Subject matter expert opinion to assist or lead projects around research on market needs, partner ecosystem or compete efforts.
• Technical validation of the value proposition & help with the development of messaging and positioning
• Research input and analysis
• Feature naming
• Positioning and messaging
• Analyst and reviewer engagement as subject matter experts
• Core content creation (e.g. decks, demos, whitepapers, evidence…)
• Public speaking and product demonstration at events and at the Executive Briefing Center
• Participate in industry and Microsoft events presenting at global events as well as Public Relations Technical Champion
• MS field organization engagement as a subject matter expert