What do you want to learn in 15 minutes or less ?

It looks like Kurt’s video providing an overview of KITL was very useful to a number of you, and I’m sure there are a number of topics you would like to learn more about for Windows Embedded Standard or Windows CE. Perhaps learning about the startup sequence of Windows CE, or the build system and different build options, or building a Windows Embedded Standard component, shell replacement, remote debugging, writing and deploying managed applications to a Windows CE device, and more !

Drop me a comment and I will ping the appropriate people in the dev team to go generate the content.

– Mike

1. Gurusamy says:

I would like to see a presentation on startup sequence of Windows CE( how the memory is set up , How the Boot loader jumps to kernel after some initial setup .etc.. That would be very helpful

2. Steve Araiza says:

A few suggestions:

* A walkthough of a simple ActiveSync provider

* Setting up the USB Function Composite Device Driver

* Cellcore/RIL

* SOAP Toolkit (I wish native C++ usage of SOAP/WSDL was as sweet as .NET)

* WinCE abstractions for DMA (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa918150.aspx)

* GPE

* Floating point acceleration options

You have cool articles, thanks.

steve araiza

3. Prabu Kumar says:

* Debugging session on driver memory leaking.

* Windows Mobile Filesystem

* SD Card Driver Architecture

* Difference between flash FALFMD and MDDPDD architecture.

* NDIS Architecture.

* DirectShow Application Development.

Thank you for giving us the chance.

Regards,

Prabu

4. Richard Jones says:

Build a CEPC based network projector.

(please, please)

Or do the picture frame on a CEPC.

5. Prabhu Kumar says:

Hi,

I would like to:

1) Know in detail about the boot up process, how the bootloader is involved and how bootstrapping is done.

2) Know about the display and how exactly the display hardware talks to the OS (GWES), the video buffer. A brief about hardware acceleration and GDI/DirectDraw would be great!

Thanks

Prabhu

6. Shai says:

Well, first thing that comes to mind is what I am working on right now:

*RIL/Cellcore bring up of an unsupported module

*new Flash MDD/PDD driver

Thanks,

Shai

7. Alex says:

Porting flash FAL-based driver to a MDD/PDD driver is some part where the documentation really sucks.

How TFAT fits in this model?

How can I activate TexFAT? what do I need to consider in my FMD driver if it is NOR Flash or NAND flash in order to work with the named filesystems?

Which parameters should I modify in the FMD wrapper library, for example to activate/deativate XIP for NOR flash..

Actually what we need is a better documentation of this topic in MSDN, or at least a new entry in the almost dead WinCE blog about it.

(sigh)