Moving right along… (starting a new role within Microsoft)

It’s time for me to move to a new job within Microsoft, don’t worry, I’m not leaving the Embedded group, in fact I’m moving into a role that gets me even closer to the Embedded tools and technologies than I have been for the last six years in my current role.

Starting today I’ve taken on the role of Software Architect for the Windows Embedded business, this means that I continue to work with Windows CE and Windows XP Embedded (and hopefully have time to play with .NET Micro Framework and Robotics Studio!), and yes, of course I will continue to blog, and run the “Hobby Podcast

– Mike

1. Congratulations Mike! This is a long-time coming and well deserved promotion. Now I can tell people that

2. Riki says:

Congrats! so who will be the pin-up for embedded now?

Riki

3. mikehall says:

well, there’s an interesting question… My old job hasn’t been filled yet, so if you know of someone that might be interested in doing Embedded Technical Marketing then you should let me know.

– Mike

4. toddha says:

From a long time (even before I started at MS) blog reader, congrats!

5. mikehall says:

Thanks Todd (and everyone) for your comments!

This is going to be an interesting time!

– Mike

6. Subhamoy says:

Congrats …its our pleasure to have you as the captain of our contest …have learnt a great lot from you and your blog ..a new role for you means more new stuff to learn for us …

Thanks again …wish you luck in all your endeavors..dream to work with you someday ..:)

7. Tech says:

Hi, congratulations, Mike! I think you did an excelent job at the former post, and now you will do an even better job.

May I ask if you are a member of a forum, or a community regarding Windows Mobile and Embedded Windows?

If yes, witch one ?

Best regards.

8. Yu Tsing says:

Congrats, Mike!

It’s been great working with you on Embedded track in MEDC Malaysia last year and since then I’ve been a fan of your blog 🙂

9. Dan McCarty says:

Hi Mike, great news!  Congratulations, and I hope you really enjoy it.

10. DanielMoth says:

Gratz! A ploy to get out of all that travelling no doubt 😉

11. I’m in Sydney for MEDC , and thought those of you who are not able to be here, might be able to get in

12. So far advance? cash loan online payday ? inheritance cash advance