For the last couple of years we’ve been running the Windows Embedded Student Challenge (WESC) which has been a ton of fun both for the students and also for the judges – this year brings a change to the competition with the Windows Embedded Student Challenge being integrated into the Imagine Cup.
The theme for this years embedded invitational is “Imagine a world where technology enables a better education for all” – there’s so much you could do around this subject!
If you don’t currently have a team signed up then you still have plenty of time – here’s the timeline:
- Sep 1 – Registration Opens
- Nov 15 – Competition Begins
- Feb 15 – First Round Closes
- Mar 8 – Second Round Begins
- May 11 – Second Round Closes
- Jun 8 – Worldwide Finalists Announced
- Late July/Early August – Finals in Korea
You can still sign up and enter teams until the first round closes (Feb 15th 2007).
The hardware being used this year is the ICOP eBox 2300 and of course the operating system will be Windows Embedded CE 6.0.
Go sign up, it’s going to be a ton of fun!