CEFileWiz updated…

I’ve just updated CEFileWiz to support the following.

• Set the location of multiple files at the same time

• Deal with long filenames (including spaces) in the BIB/DAT files

Let me know if you have any comments, or suggestions for future updates.

– Mike

1. Andy says:

Ok, Mikehall, where can I get the help to use CEFileWiz?

2. Marcelo van Kampen says:

Nice mike, my only complain is that you still can´t add simply a directory so that this directory structure is fully preserved in the platform. =)

3. mikehall says:

hmm… interesting, so like pointing to a folder on your desktop machine, let’s say "C:Demo" and have the contents of that folder, and any sub-folders replicated on the Windows CE device as "Demo" and any required sub-folders – correct ?

That wouldn’t be hard to implement, let me know whether my assumption above is correct and I will see what can be done.

My other thought of the day (yes, making more work for myself) is to have checkboxes on the file list to enable you to create shortcuts, so the ‘actual files’ live in the Windows folder along with shortcuts, which are then mapped to the appropriate folder.

Thoughts ?

– Mike

4. Marcelo van Kampen says:

Yes Mike, that was what i really wanted… Here i usually work with projects that have a web server and i always test my pages using Remote File Explorer (that uploads all the contents in a recursive way), but when i need to finish the image, it is a very tedious task to add all the files in their respective subdirs… You can add a button like "Add A Dir…" and create the same structure in the image in that target dir.

5. mikehall says:

ok, got it, thanks Marcelo – I will take a look at implementing this functionality.

– Mike

6. lonzo says:

Mike,

I tried the tool today to add a component from a folder that has a tilde in the name (c:/año/2005/bozo.jpg). Unfortunately my build failed because the file could not be found. On closer examination of the dat file, I noticed that the tilde had been translated to some other character by CEFileWiz (I think). Not hard for me to work around, just move the jpg to a folder without the tilde and modify the dat file accordingly. Comments?

Lonzo

7. Bruce Casner says:

If I want to do an ISAPI, do I have to use this? It doesn’t seem to be loading correctly in loader.c, GetOneProcAddress fails on the LOAD_LIBRARY_AS_DATAFILE preload step, in the IsValidModule test.

8. Jeff Arnett says:

The tool doesn’t seem to support files that were created with .NET 2.0.

Is there a version that supports Whidbey 2005?

9. Mike says:

Thanks for the comments everyone – I’m looking at CF 2.0 support, and will also take a look at paths that include non-ascii characters.

– Mike