So… I’m going to be jumping around the world (again), this time paying a flying (literally) visit to TechEd Europe (Amsterdam), and the WWPC (World Wide Partner Conference) – I’m going to be delivering keynote demos at both events, the trouble is that both events are back-to-back. This means my travel schedule is a ‘mare.
- July 2nd – Leave Seattle
- July 3rd – Arrive in Amsterdam – get collected from the airport and head straight for the conference center for keynote technical rehersals
- July 4th – Full Keynote Rehersals
- July 5th – Keynote ! (and I’d like to catch a couple of sessions)
- July 6th – Leave Amsterdam and head to Minneapolis for the WWPC – Head straight for Technical Rehersals
- July 7th – WWPC Keynote Rehersals
- July 8th – Keynote ! (and post keynote discussions)
- July 9th – Fly back to Seattle
Body clock? – what body clock…
If you’re going to TechEd Europe it would be great to meet up sometime after the keynote on the 5th (Is there even a Starucks in Amsterdam?)
I’m finalizing the keynote demos this week – it’s a mixture of Windows Mobile 5.0, the Messaging and Security Feature Pack for Windows Mobile 5.0 (aka EFP), and some other related server technologies – should be fun.
I still have my TechEd Europe 1996 Speaker shirt kicking around somewhere (and my first Microsoft event shirt which was for the OLE 2.0 Developers Conference in 1994!!).
Actually, that raises an interesting question – Since Microsoft developer tools are now able to target Server, Desktop, Tablet, Windows Mobile, and Windows Embedded (CE/XPE) would it make sense to combine the Mobile and Embedded Developers Conference (MEDC) into TechEd (create a mobile and embedded track at TechEd) ?