MEDC 2005 – Sweeeeet.

It looks like the word of the MEDC 2005 event is “Sweeeeet”, during the keynote this was dropped into the conversation three times by Ford Davidson, twice by Neil Enns, and once by me… See how often you can hear this being used at the event – perhaps we should keep a running total for the event.

Also, I think most Microsoft presenters start their presentations with “So <insert text here>”, I seem to remember Don Box asking his session attendees to shout “What” <so what> if they heard the presenter using “So” during his presentation… <g>

– Mike

1. Nathan says:

That’s wildly innovative!

2. Embedded says:

Fincher and I noticed that during the keynote as well. My comment to it at the time was "well thank god they’ve stopped sprinkling ‘crisp’ into their speeches!"

Good work Mike. You had the best end to end demo and i think you came off a little more natural than the others.

Andy

3. Dan McCarty says:

Hi Mike,

I watched the video of your presentation–great job! You seemed like the most "real" person up there that was demoing stuff? Did those other guys fail out of acting school and find jobs at Microsoft? It was painful to watch. |-)

Can you write a little more about the technical specs on the kiosk you ran?

– Was it running CE 5?

– Did it use the WORM (write once resume many?) to resume after the power pull? And as an app programmer what would I need to keep in mind to write code robust enough to take advantage of this feature?

Thanks so much for providing these links on your blog, so that those of us who couldn’t make the show can still keep abreast of what’s going on.

4. Daniel Egan says:

Isn’t that part of the training at Microsoft? I see a room full of new employees cross-legged on the floor chanting slowly and methodically.

Soooooooooooooooooooooo

Soooooooooooooooooooooo

Soooooooooooooooooooooo

Actually, I would be curious to find out the origin of why they all do that?

Doc

5. Daniel Egan says:

Soooooooooooooooooooooo

Soooooooooooooooooooooo

Soooooooooooooooooooooo

Actually, I would be curious to find out the origin of why they all do that?

Doc

6. Jack Oatmon says:

So, I noticed while watching various presentations, both at MEDC and recorded from the past, the use of "So…" at the beginning of each new slide.

So, I think it’s a crutch, there are worse, I suppose.

So, I belive a bit of practice, a bit of self-awareness of presentation style would be of great help to presenters, right?

("…, right?" is also a crutch I’ve seen, but not with MS presentations…)

—Jack

7. Dan McCarty says:

RE: Comment on CE 5.0:

Oops, looks like I wasn’t listening very closely. So does CE support this HORM feature or is it XPESP2 only?

4252146171

8. Anil says:

HORM is XPeSP2 only – sorry

9. MobileDevGroup says:

If you go check the transcript, you’ll see we used "sweeeeeeeet" 5 times during the demo. Ford started it all, since he kept using it backstage in prep, and he scored with it twice during the presentation. Mike managed to sneak one in, and I shoved it in twice. Shame on Seth for not managing to work it in!

Skip to main content