CEFileWiz Updated.

It would appear that some developers PC’s have HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Platform Builder\5.0\Directories\OS Install Dir that doesn’t include a final backslash, this casues problems when launching the CEFileWiz application – I’ve just updated the application – give this a try and let me know whether this solves your problems (note that this is the same download location as before).

– Mike

1. Waying says:

yep, perfectly available!

Thanks very much!

2. ChenJian says:

Hi, Mike:

Where can I download CodeSnip.exe that you used in "TestFest Oct 2004" and TuxTest & GDILeak Project’s Codes?

3. Mike says:

You can download the bits from here – http://scrat.members.winisp.net/blog/MSR_RFP_CE50_Training.zip

– Mike

4. Deepak DT says:

Works a charm now! Will give it a go.

5. ChenJian says:

Thanks!You are so nice!

6. David says:

Thanks, though i had fixed the problem with a reg fix previously.

7. Anthony says:

What is the version of this latest update? Is it 1.0.1830.31009? I tried it and it still fails.

8. Mike says:

The latest version is 1.0.1909.26493

When you say the application still fails, can you let me know how this fails ?

– Mike

9. Anthony says:

The problem I am having is that when I download from the link above, I am getting the old version instead of the new one. Can you please check the link.

10. Anthony says:

I have a project called WebsCE (its a webserver project) and it sits in a folder called WebsCE. On my target, I would like to have it installed in "target". I also have the web pages setup in directories such as wwwroot, wwwrootimages, etc.

When I use CEFileWiz, and give it the files with the paths, it does not appear to be creating the correct target paths. Is this because the utility just does not handle what I am trying to. And should I then just modify the files (.bib, .dat, etc) by hand? or should the utility handle something like this?

11. Mike says:

CEFileWiz should be able to create the correct folder structure and map the files to the correct place in the folder structure.

When you add a file (or files) to CEFileWiz it will map the files to the Windows folder (this is the default folder for all files) – if you double click a file you can change it’s location by typing the location you want the file to be in – for example Program FilesImages – this will create the folder structure and map the file using the new components .DAT file.

Let me know if this isn’t working for you and I will do some digging.

– Mike

12. Anthony says:

While trying to add files, I ran into this every time I tried to add the file: WebsCE3wwwrootimagestm.gif, I would get the following exception error:

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.

at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()

at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)

at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32()

at CEFileWiz.Form1.CheckIsCLRApp(String strItem)

at CEFileWiz.Form1.AddFiles_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Thanks for your help

13. Mike says:

ok, I think I know what the problem is… Gimme a second to take a look…

– Mike

14. Mike says:

ok, I believe this is fixed – the problem is that I was checking every file for a PE header (executable file), if the header was found I search for the file being Managed or Native code – the GIF file is probably smaller than the PE header size which caused me to seek past the end.

The update CEFileWiz is here – http://scrat.members.winisp.net/blog/CEFileWiz.zip

– Mike

15. Anthony says:

The version I downloaded from http://scrat.members.winisp.net/blog/CEFileWiz.zip is 1.0.1909.26493. Is this correct? It is still crashing on the same file.

16. Anthony says:

The size of the file (tm.gif) is 106 bytes.

17. Mike says:

The version of the file from the ZIP I just downloaded and verified is 1.0.1913.22960.

I’ve just tried the application on a 160 byte .GIF file and the application worked ok for me.

– Mike

18. Anthony says:

It works!

19. Mike says:

excellent! – let me know if you have any feature requests for the application.

– Mike

20. Darek says:

Hello, I have some suggestions which I think could make the CEFileWiz even more useful:

1. the control which contains list of added files should be larger or scaled

2. possibility to save configuration will be useful

3. in cec file custom action and copy file actions are in PreMakeImg, but it causes problems when I invoke Clean from PB 4.2 IDE Build menu. I think it should be moved to another build step.