The Da Vinci Code Movie

Hands up if you’ve read the Da Vinci Code book by Dan Brown, I read this on a flight to Asia last year, since I had a shiny new Tablet PC I decided to get an e-book from Amazon rather than a paperback, I couldn’t put the book tablet down, it was a riveting read.

I see that the book is now being made into a movie (no surprises there), the star of the movie is going to be Tom Hanks – more information can be found on the Newsweek site.

– Mike

1. Jeff Parker says:

This will be a good movie, or at least I hope so. I was like you got the book it got a slow start in the begining but once it picked up I couldn’t put it down. I recomend Angels and Demons, Same Author.

2. Mike says:

Once I got into the book I couldn’t put it down, thankfully I was flying business class, so had laptop power for the entire flight – I pretty much finished the book on the flight from Seattle to Asia (can’t remember where I was going on this specific trip).

– Mike

3. ANNA says:

I have recently read the davinci code and found it a fascinating work of fiction inspired by possibly some real life accounts and knowledges. It’s a novel that is both challenging and inspirational in that it entices the reader to think more about their spirituality and in addition to that, the reader is introduced to ideas and concepts that educe further interest in areas relating to ‘the divine’, ‘religion’ and feminism. Many of the ideas and concepts in the da vinci code are familiar in that they have been written about already, however, Brown’s ability to narrate a great story makes the novel interesting even if these concepts according to some, may not have any merit whatsoever. p.s I hope that russell crowe is not cast as the character of Robert Langdon. This would entirely spoil the aesthetics and image I have of the character.

4. Mike says:

I really enjoyed the book – I totally agree that this was a fascinating work of fiction, and extremely well crafted.

I really like reading books, you form your own mental images of the characters and the situations they find themselves in.

It will be interesting to see how closely the film sticks to be book.

– Mike

5. Justin says:

Despite all of the controversy around this book, I found it to be a great read and it really has a deep value of entertainment to it that few books can come close to. I am very pleased to hear that it will be made into a movie and even more pleased that Tom Hanks will be playing the role of Langden. Highly Recommended

6. maz says:

i think they should have

James Caviezel – Langdon

(count of monte christo)

Marion Cotillard – as sophie

(from taxi, taxi 2)

Jean Reno – as Bezu Fasche

(leon, the big blue, ronin)

and Robert de niro as the bishop

(godfather 2, raging bull)

that would be the nutz!!!!!!

7. kelly says:

I think this would make a great movie too, but I don’t like the idea of Hanks being professor Langdon. I think it should be someone a bit more distinguished looking — more ivy league -bookish. Although I love James Cavaziel, I don’t think he’s old enough.

8. Mike says:

I agree with you about Hanks – although, he is a good actor, perhaps he will do a good job.

– Mike

9. Max says:

I think the Da Vinci Code is shaping up into a promising film. Although Hanks may not be my first choice he is a fine actor and will do an adequate job. As far as the director I am a huge fan of Ron Howard and I hope he will capture the breakkneck pace of the book ….. Heres hoping

10. Max says:

11. Sandra says:

I would have to agree with the majority to say that Tom Hanks wouldn’t be the best choice for the character of Robert Langdon. Personally, I felt that Robert would have a more scholarly feel about him and Tom Hanks doesn’t rasiate that feeling at all. However, Tom Hanks is a fine actor and a distinguished one at that. So, being a huge fan of the book, I’m crossing my fingers and hoping that the movie lives up to the novel.

12. Luka says:

I know that Langdon has already been chosen, but what do ppl think of David Duchovny as him?

What about Peter O’Toole as Teabing, Pacino as Arangarosa, Ralph Fiennes as Silas and Tcheky Karyo as Fache?

13. quinn says:

my two cents

either hugh jackman or thomas gibson as langdon

possibly kate beckinsale or virginie ledoyen as sophie

silas could be jake busey

i see jim broadbent possibly as teabing

arangarosa, probably someone like armand assante

and i think tcheky karyo would be a good fache, or jean reno possibly