Hotmail Outlook Express/Outlook access – working again.

I use Outlook Express as my news reader to keep up with what’s happening on the Windows CE, Windows XP Embedded, Compact Framework, and Media Center newsgroups (let me know if you want links to any of these).

So, this morning I ran Outlook Express to sync my newsgroups, knowing that e-mail would fail to sync (see my previous post) – My Hotmail e-mail sync is working just fine this morning! – go figure. The next thing to try and figure out is why my hotmail account still has a 2MB limit when my wifes hotmail account now has a 250MB limit.

– Mike

1. Daniel Pollock says:

Its funny…My wife’s 3 hotmail accounts are at the 250mb limit. My hotmail which I’ve had for 6 years is still 2mb. Is it just a random upgrade they are doing or what?

2. me says:

I have a theory that the older the account is the less likelyhood of it having been upgraded as yet… one of my accounts I’ve had for about 6 or so years as well and its still stuck on 2mb

3. Kohl Kelly says:

Yep, same here!

Hotmail via Outlook Express is working for me also…Could it be a Thankgiving day gift? I just wonder for how long though?

250mb upgrade….my friends account was upgraded last week while mine, which is over 5 years old is sill stuck at 2mb….could it be that they are doing it in alphabetical order…my friends email starts with "C" while mine is "K" ???

4. Mike says:

Not sure it’s alphabetical, my e-mail account starts with ‘g’, my wifes starts with ‘t’.

– Mike

5. bill says:

Hopefully by now all you your account should have been upgraded to 250Mb… My 7yo account has been.

6. Gabriel says:

Not yet, my email account which is over 6 years old is still stuck at 2mb and my friends account which is over 6 days still stuck at 2mb.

7. Tim says:

I am still stuck on 2MB. Very very frustrating especially as its my primary mailbox. I have a yahoo one and its been upgraded twice. Once from 5MB to 100MB and again from 100MB to 250MB.

8. valerio says:

my name is with V, my email is very old (7 years) and it has been upgraded to 250Mb. My second email, younger aand with a funny name, is stucked at 2Mb

9. Michael says:

my name starts with m and I have 250mb.

10. Michael says:

my account is only 4 years old though.

11. Mike says:

Hoorah !!! – my Hotmail account is now at 250MB, I’m not entirely sure when this went live, my guess is sometime during the week. I rarely check my hotmail account using the Web UI – but needed to check from someone else’s PC, and voila, I now have 250MB. My Hotmail account starts with a ‘g’ and has been up and running since the year 2000 – take from that what you will…

– Mike