ok, try this…

totally off topic, but…

• sit in a chair and lift your left leg so your foot is about 6 inches off the floor
  • rotate your left foot in a clockwise direction (only your foot) – and keep it going…
  • now, using your left hand try to draw the numeric ‘6’ in the air using your first finger (starting at the top of the ‘6’ and moving down).

Did you manage to do it ???

– Mike

1. brady gaster says:

yeah, on the first try. point, please?

2. I was sort of able to eventually. The first time I tried, however, I drew the 6 with a smug "that was easy" only to look down and see my foot had involuntarily switched directions.

3. Mike says:

on the last day of the Windows Embedded Developers Conference someone was trying this in the speaker lounge, and no-one could manage it – everyone had their foot moving in the same direction as the outline of the numeric ‘6’. It’s apparently quite hard to do…

– Mike

4. John S. says:

I had no problems and my foot stayed still. Am I a freak?

5. Mike says:

Umm, Err… anyone want to answer John ???

– Mike

6. JC says:

John, I think you forgot the part about rotating your foot clockwise.

7. Todd says:

No, but it did make my boss give me a cockeyed look when he walked by.

8. - says:

draw the 6 backwards (start from the middle circle around to the top, which just happens to be clockwise) np~

9. Mike says:

Todd – perhaps you should go somewhere quiet to give this a try… <g>

Draw the 6 backwards… no fair, that’s cheating !!! :O)

– Mike

10. John S. says:

OK so I’m dumb. But I read the directions quickly and didn’t gather right away that you’re supposed to keep rotating your foot. I turned my foot and held it there instead of rotating. Hardy har har.

11. Davie says:

I think i’ve heard if your left-handed then you have an easier time. I’m right hand and it seems that it’s easier with my right foot and hand.

12. Mike says:

I’m left handed, and it seems to be just as hard using left foot/hand as right foot/hand.

– Mike

13. AndrewSeven says:

It is difficult to smoothly transfer control from one side of the brain to the other.

14. Mike says:

Are you calling the correct IOCTL ? <g>

– Mike

15. mao says:

I’ll never try this. I’ve heard about people that have tried and entered in coma…

16. Mike says:

Interesting comment… I’m not sure why you would go into coma by trying to move your hand and foot at the same time…

– Mike

17. Bob Riemersma says:

Buffer overrun?

18. Mike says:

ok, so before trying this, goto http://www.brainupdate.com – pull down any required patches and any QFE’s, then try – if you blue screen then roll back your device drivers and try again…

– Mike

19. Alexander Suhovey says:

Are coments here premoderated or did I miss a button when posted my previous comment? 🙂

20. Alexander Suhovey says:

Guess I missed a button. Ok, here it is:

Another exercise for you ppl: Try to drwa a circle by your left hand while drawing a triangle by right hand. I said "circle and triangle", not a random-angle figures you trying to draw! :O)

Pretty much same fun except that you don’t have to find a quiet place: You can stand in front of a desk and pretend that you draw some complex schemas for meeting…

21. Mike says:

Everything seemed to be going great until I got to a corner, then I started drawing the circle… – the straight lines of the triangle don’t seem too bad if I’m drawing the circle and triangle in the same direction.

– Mike

22. Alexander Suhovey says:

23. Alexander Suhovey says:

The trick that helped me (well, *almost* helped) was to "forget" about the hand that draws a circle. I mean, it is a simple move, it does not need much attention, so you can concentrate more on triangle while drawing a circle almost automatically.

24. Alexander Suhovey says:

Whoops sorry, my notebook’s touchpad decides it knows better on what I want to post. Please delete repeated messages (if you can).

25. Mike says:

wow, someone has waaaaaaaay too much time on their hands…

– Mike