After deciding that it would be useful to replace the Windows CE Image Viewer application with a .NET Compact Framework application I've been hard at work coding up the application which will act as the shell for the Windows CE 5.0 Picture Frame.
There are a number of advantages to using a .NET Compact Framework application.
- It's really quick and easy to code up the application
- It's also easy to debug the application from Visual Studio .NET 2003
- Coding in C# is fun ! (remember when coding was fun?)
- It gives me something else to add to the Picture Frame project
- We can extend the application to show more than just images (notice the clock below)
Each of the images below is a thumbnail - click the image to get the full version.
I've ordered the 10" LCD panel that I will be using in the final hardware version of the Picture Frame - this should be with me early in the week - I will post some photo's to the blog when I have all the hardware together.